Lead magnets are one of the most effective ways to build your email list. The way it works is simple. You create something of value and then give it away in exchange for a person’s email address.
Here are 28 highly effective lead magnet ideas to help you start building your email list today…
- Checklist. A checklist in which everything from a blog post is condensed into super actionable steps
that can be easily referenced.
- Cheat Sheet. A list of guidelines, steps, or processes that can be followed again and again.
- Template. A template for a commonly done activity (blog post, type of email, or other item) where blanks can quickly be filled in.
- Swipe File. A list of things (headlines, email subject lines) that can be simply copied and pasted.
- Example. A completed sample/example of a commonly used item, such as a resume (different
than a template, which has blanks).
- Script. A fill-in-the-blank script that people can follow when talking to specific individuals (such as
- Toolkit. A list of all the tools necessary to effectively perform a particular task (such as start a
- Free Tool. A useful tool that anyone can use in exchange for their email address (like
Co Schedule’s Headline Analyzer.
- Resource List. A large list of resources that can be easily referenced at any time (such as places
that accept guest blog posts).
- Calendar. A calendar which helps people plan out tasks ( such as a content creation, social media,
- Worksheet. A simple worksheet designed to help someone complete a specific exercise, think
through something, or complete a task.
- Printable. A well-designed sheet that can be easily printed and then used (such as a camping
- Inspiration File. A compilation of inspirational resources to help people when they get stuck or
simply need some extra inspiration.
- Prompts. A list of prompts designed to help people think through specific questions and work
through challenges (like journaling prompts).
- Calculator. A simple calculator designed to help someone easily complete more complex
calculations, like determining the value of their house.
- Spreadsheet. A spreadsheet that already has calculations programmed into it, making more
difficult calculations easy.
- Recipe. A recipe (or list of recipes) related to a specific food plan or diet, such as the keto diet.
- Tutorial. A step-by-step guide through a particular task or process, designed to make
learning it as easy as possible.
- EBook. An in-depth eBook that covers a particular subject in detail.
- Guide. A shorter document (not as long as an eBook) that still covers a subject in relatively
- Report. A detailed report in which you discuss key information related to your industry or
- Educational Video. A video or series of videos in which you give your expert knowledge on a
- Webinar. An in-depth video/webinar which provides your prospects with significantly valuable
information regarding a specific subject.
- Email Course. A free course on a particular subject which you deliver via email.
- Free Coaching Session. A quick coaching/consulting session where you help a person work through a particular issue.
- Predictions. A list of your expert predictions related to your industry or business.
- Recording/Replay. A video replay of a webinar you’ve done, thus allowing your prospect to still access the valuable information.
- Audio Book. A downloadable audiobook related to your business or industry.
Now that you know the lead magnet ideas to help you start building your email list, we can help you implementing these ideas to your business.
By now, you know that your business will greatly benefit from email list builder.
Learn about our email list builder, lead generation is just the FIRST step to a healthy bottom line. Book a chat with us to learn more!